Monday, February 28, 2011

Jane Russell Dies at Age 89

Sad news! Jane Russell, one of my favorite movie stars and ROBERT MITCHUM co-star, has died at age 89. Here's a blog I wrote in her memory over at Examiner.com, complete with photo gallery of this stunning star.

Mitchum fans will remember her from her turns in the RKO noirs 'Macao' and 'His Kind of Woman,' where she always gave as good as she got.

Here's a short bit on their working relationship: Mitchum's Leading Ladies

Farewell, Jane. We'll miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Deborah and Kerr and Jane Greer have always been my favorite Mitchum co-stars but Russell was one of the best no doubt. Macao is decent but Russell, Mitchum, and Vincent Price in His Kind of Woman is just gold.

    She will be missed but you've got to think she's enjoying the bantering back and forth with ol' Mitch now.

    I love her quote from I believe one of the last interviews she and Mitchum ever did together. She said "I just love Robert Mitchum movies". Well said Jane. Well said.

    ReplyDelete