Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Shirley MacLaine Talks Robert Mitchum at TCM Classic Film Fest

Shirley MacLaine attended the TCM Classic Film Festival March 29, where she discussed her famous costars, including ROBERT MITCHUM. Via The Hollywood Reporter:

“We had a three-year relationship, kind of under the radar. [Hears audience murmuring.] You didn’t know? Neither did he! He was the most intelligent maybe of anybody I’ve ever met. He had a photographic memory. He could read a script and word for word cite it back to you. Frankly, I think that’s sick. He was a bit of an emotional coward. So I loved the contradiction. It gave me so much work to do: Who are you? I just loved shoveling through what he really was. I mean, this business about working on a chain gang, I think that was for 20 minutes or something, and [involved] filling in a pothole or something. But he was also the most underestimated.”

MacLaine starred with MITCHUM in Two for the Seesaw and What a Way to Go!. She wrote about her affair with him in her 1996 autobiography, My Lucky Stars. Read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment