Friday, April 10, 2015

"Thunder Road" Out on Blu-ray

Thunder Road, starring ROBERT MITCHUM as a moonshiner outrunning the law in a souped-up hot rod, is now out on Blu-ray from Shout Factory. Order on Amazon.

The Collinsport Historical Society site, dedicated to the show Dark Shadows, shares this onset memory from actor Mitchell Ryan, who would go on to play Burke Devlin on the supernatural soap opera:

"I was twenty-three years old and on my first movie set. I was nervous as hell and stayed to the side away form the camera. I had a small scene with Mitchum who was just short of being a god and at the height of his popularity. He stood by the camera joking with the crew. At last I heard my scene called, at which point Mitchum walked over to me, was silent for a second and then said, 'Remember, I'm big Mitch and you're Little Mitch.' He looked grim then burst out laughing and said, 'Let's do this fucking thing.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment